Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/2011

Sorry I missed you last week. People will steal your washer if you let your clothes sit long enough. I haven't seen elder rinderknickt yet unfortunately, and i am really liking it here in the MTC. This past week i had a hard time feeling the spirit like I should and Elder Aleman and i butchered a lesson that should have been fine... So i decided to observe why neither of us could feeel the spirit. then i noticed that i could feel it at night in our room but not together as a full district. so i set some rules up for the whole district concerning subject of conversation, cleanliness, and reverence. This was sunday morning, but sunday night i could feel the spirit again, whatever the problem was we managed to adress it :) we had a speaker at the sunday night fireside that took all the recent (2 years) converts from the audience and they each bore their testimonies and shared what it was that really triggered conversion process for them. it was a very spiritual expirience. and ever sunday night there is a movie showing. this past sunday they showed us The testaments  One Fold, One shepherd. that is by far my most favorite show in the whole wide world!! I was literally sobbing like a baby along with every other person in my district along with everyone within the immediate area of me and we meet in a great big room, so that is alot of people. it was a good expirience for us. Also the spanish is coming along nicely. Elder Aleman and I are working on Teach lesson 2 and the word of wisdom, in spanish. Its great, we can rattle like natives while teaching a lesson or discussing gospel principles in class but as soon as we need someone to pass the salt it becomes...... uh? HAHA we're getting better though (Pasa la sal Porf avor) yes I can say it lol any way, It has been a great time for the past month. its crazy to think its been a month already, I've only got 23 left!!! Its amazing how my desires have changed since entering the MTC... I can see why Dad was never really a fan of playing video games. My Razor has been tearing my face apart, i bought some lotion but it didn't work, so someone suggested i try an electric shaver and so i bought an electric shaver at the book store we'll see how it works. Its a philips Norelco and it has a 2 year warranty.... how convenient. Its a normal $114 out side of the MTC but with the Missionary discount I got it for 66. quite a steal in my opinion, and its way nice, I've just never had to shave every day before. the most i shaved in the past was 1 time a week or more... if I sahved at all that is. But I'm hoping it works for me. Elder Marsh said it worked for him and he's got quite the beard capacity.... anyway I've got 13 minutes left and I have ran out out items on my check list to talk about. Look forward to hearing from you all!!
 
~Love,
    Elder Allen
 
P.S.- I need the family photo and  priesthood line of authority ASAP cause i use them in class often and i don't have them... I'm starting to get cussed for it haha jk just sooon would be best. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment