Monday, September 3, 2012

Family and Friends,

Yes i have but 3 and a half months left in my wonderful service of a mission. However, i do not feel it yet. I have not realized that my mission will end. i feel that it is still beginning. truth be told i do miss a few things, such as reading whatever i want but that is the least of the mind occupying matters on my mind lately. We are all sorts of busy with the politics of the mission. Special Transfers, Splitz, administration, reporting, Interviews with President Walker, and getting ready to plan transfers again. I don't know what will happen with me and my Companion. We have a few options. 1- I leave to train the last 2 transfers of my mission, and my companion trains a new assistant to end his mission. 2- We stay together another transfer, allowing My comp to finish in super work mode, and allowing me to train another Assistant before finishing my mission. 3- My companion goes to do half training with a new missionary leaving me as assistant with a new AP. who knows what will happen. president Walker hasn't said anything about it yet. and even though it is a curious thing. its one of the only transfers i have had where i am 100% unprepared for what is coming next.....
This week we went to Reynosa and sweated our eye balls onto our face where they were glued to our sunburned cheeks by wind billowed dust.... its was one of the worst nights sleep i have had in my mission where i was screaming in my sleep apparently... something about i will give you what you want.... Who knows. i got up like 6 times because it was so hot i had to drink water. I am glad i am in the city where at least at night we have a nice fresh breeze blowing through our house. 
We had a baptism this Week!!! YAY!!!! Maria Josefa Camarrillo Barreda of 55 years of age was baptised at 9:30 Am before the sacrament services where she was then confirmed a member of th Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. :) she is a woman taxi driver and is an Ancient investigator of Elder Wood and Elder Aranda, who were the assistants when i got off the Airplane as a new greenie. that wierded me out a bit, and made me feel rather old..... anyway it was a great expirience. i also included a picture of the secrataries and us goofing off last week. :) Anyway......
This week has been very constructive for our area and for the mission. 9/10 zones had baptisims this week :) very good cause normally its not that way. I feel we are making progress against the vain efforts of the adversary to stop the work in its Tracks. “The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, ‘The work is done.”
Love you all, until next week!

Your broski,

No comments:

Post a Comment