Monday, July 2, 2012



Hello friends and family,
     So to start off with, this whole transfer 6 of the 14 missionaries have told me at least weekly (and at least daily  in the case of my companion) that this next transfer i would be passing it in the office with the president as AP (Assistant to the President) it had become a large joke between us. especially for my companion and the X-AP who is now a district Leader in our Zone. To my surprise,  Sunday night comes around, 8:00pm hits when the assistants always call to give us the transfers, and they don't call.... around 8:10PM the phone rings, i was in the other room packing up my things cause the president never leaves a companionship together more than 2 transfers, its very strange that 2 companions are together than that, and my companion only has 1 transfer left so he was obviously staying, that and the president told him he would be staying in the interviews. Anyway, the phone rings and my comp shouts ´´Its for you!!!`` i hear him talking to someone and the he says ´´Elder Allen, President wants to talk to you!``... I about wet myself thinking, ´uh oh, what did i do wrong??` well he talked to me about how i felt and asked us how we were doing on baptismal dates, we told him we had 13, he was very happy then continued to tell me that he had prayed and received Revelation and he felt that i had been prepared to be his new assistant.... he asked me i f i would accept it. i said ´´Sí está bien...`` followed by him telling me that it would be practically the hardest thing i had ever done in my mission and that i would have double work in my proselyting area and as his assistant. I never thought that it would happen to me but that's when the Lord calls you, when you don't expect it. I am excited nervous and anxious and a bit sad to be leaving my area, we have 3 families with baptismal dates and i wont be there to see their baptisms but i trust the Lord knows what he is doing. we had the best week we have had all month this week with 6 lessons with member and 11 others. 8 new investigators. its hard in Guadalupe but not impossible. The Lord always sends blessings when one is diligent in his work. I felt the end of my mission coming closer this week when my companion told me i only have 4 transfers  left which is 24 weeks, but i have lots of work to do so there is 0 chance of getting trunky.     Also the way we work in my mission has changed completely we will now not be doing any talking in the street or knocking on doors, but we will be run completely off of referrals from members. that's is a very large difference because until this point we talked with 140 people weekly in every companionship in the street apart from knocking on Doors etc. 4 of the 20 investigators we are teaching right now are from a member referral. we have allot of work to be doing. the work of the Lord is Progressing, no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.
Here we are there´s not much anybody can do about it and now if we get bored and don't have people to teach we´ll just go chill on a members couch until he gets so sick of us he gives us a referral, teach, Baptise repeat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment